Treasure Island by R. L. Stevenson | #bookreport #bookexperience

 

https://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/books/537468/treasure-island-by-robert-louis-stevenson-with-an-introduction-by-patrick-scott-and-an-afterword-by-sara-levine/

Holaa

It’s me. Hana is here…I take a new book report with me. This is the third novel and I did the report in November 2017. Let’s jump to the report.

 

Identity of the book

Book title                    : Treasure Island

Author                        : R. L. Stevenson

Publisher                    : Longmans, Green and Co Ltd

Date published           : 1965

Number of pages       : 223 pages

Genre (choose)           :

Fiction             history             mystery           science fiction             romance           biography      science/technology      other: ________________________

Description

  1. What is the story about?

Jim Hawkins, whose mother kept the Admiral Benbow Inn and who shared in the adventure from start to finish. An old sea dog came to this peaceful inn one day, apparently intending to finish his life there. He hired Jim to keep a watch out for other sailors, but despite all precautions, he was haunted out and served with a black spot that mean death.

Jim and his mother barely escaped death when Blind Pew, Black Dog, and other pirates descended on the inn in search of the sea dog’s papers. Jim snatched up a packet of papers to square the sailor’s debt, when they were forced to retreat from the inn. The packet contained a map showing the location of the pirate Flint’s buried treasure, which Jim, Doctor Livesey, and Squire Trelawney determined to find. Fitting out a ship, they hired hands and set out on their adventure. Unfortunately, their crew included one-legged Long John Silver, a pirate also in search of the treasure, and a number of his confederates. Jim, hidden in an apple barrel, overheard the plans of the crew to mutiny, and he warned his comrades. The battle between the pirates and Jim’s party was an exciting and bloody one, taking place both on the island and aboard the ship. Jim escaped from the ship, discovered the marooned sailor, Ben Gunn, who had already found and cached the treasure, and finally, the victors got safely abroad the ship with the treasure.

  1. What did you like most about the book?

It tells about the battle of pirates and Jim n the crews.

  1. What did you like least about the book?

I think it has many new vocabularies.

  1. What did you learn about the language and other interesting that you found in the novel?

a)      What did I learn about the language?

I find many words that I don’t know the meaning but I just write some of them.


Barrel

Mutiny

Hired

Apparently

Fitting out

Cached

Victor

Maroon


b)     Why did you decide to read this book?

I read this book because the book is looked simple and the story is great.

c)      Were you glad that you decided to read it? Explain.

Yes, I am. I am glad that I decided to read it. I can understand the story. I can predict the meaning.

d)     Would you recommend this book to a friend? Explain.

I will recommend this book to a friend because it has a good story.

e)      On a scale of 1-10, how difficult was this book for you? (1=easy, 10=difficult) Why?

How difficult this book is for me is on a scale of 7 as it has many characters. It has a complicated story but it has a great story.

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Thirty-Nine Steps by John Buchan | #bookreport #bookexperience

RAINWATER By Sandra Brown | #bookexperience

Influence of Mobile Learning on Students` Essay Writing in the English Language | #journalsummary