The Da Vinci Code by Dan Brown | #bookexperience

 

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/91Q5dCjc2KL.jpg


THE DA VINCI CODE

By Dan Brown (2003)

- Indonesia vers –

 

Hello folks

Welcome back to Hana’s page…

I read this novel in the Indonesia version but I wrote the book experience in English for fulfilling my assignment.

 

Here we go…

 

The Da Vinci Code is a mystery novel by Dan Brown. It was published in April 2003 and it was successful. It was the second best-seller after Harry Potter and the Order of Phoenix by J.K. Rowling in 2003.

It told about a symbologist, Robert Langdon, and a cryptologist, Sophie Neveu. They were looking for the murderer who killed a curator-in-Louvre Museum, Jacques Sauniere. Sauniere was shot by the gun but he left a sign to anyone who found his cadaver. It was Fibonacci numbers. The police captain asked Langdon to tell the meaning of the numbers. I the other hand, Neveu told to Langdon that she was the grandchild of Sauniere. She said that her grandfather used to join a secret society when she was a child. She was afraid that the numbers connected with society. It was a kind of worship to the Devil. Besides it, Neveu was afraid because the police captain accused Langdon was the murderer. The captain found a note that it was written to look for Robert Langdon. For no reason, Neveu didn’t believe in the captain. She asked Langdon to help her solve the case.

Robert Langdon was the main character of the three novels by Dan Brown: Angels & Demons, The Da Vinci Code, and The Lost Symbol. He was born on June 22, 1964, in Exeter, New Hampshire. He was a Professor of Religious Iconography and Symbology at Harvard University.

Langdon was so clever. He could connect one thing to others which is not easy to do. The film was about symbols, histories, religions, beliefs, and that kind of thing. Sometimes, a new character came and helped him to answer the riddle, the problem which was going on. He really liked reading books and got lots of knowledge. So he had many considerations when he would decide something.

I read the novel when I was in the first grade in high school. At that time, I was so inspired by the main character. Robert Langdon was so interesting. I loved reading books, but when I was a student in high school, I didn’t read a lot because I had many activities in school. My favorite subject was Biology. I really got interested in Biology because of him (how clever he is). I really wanted to be a scientist.  I used to think that I wanted to be a researcher or forensic anthropologist. Even, I had made a plan what I would do for the next few years. I would study Biology as my undergraduate. Then, I studied Microbiology or Bioengineering. I paid attention when Biology class came. I tried to learn other material besides the lesson in class because of the novel, I knew what I was going to do.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Thirty-Nine Steps by John Buchan | #bookreport #bookexperience

RAINWATER By Sandra Brown | #bookexperience

Influence of Mobile Learning on Students` Essay Writing in the English Language | #journalsummary